Saturday, November 3, 2012

Back/Left arrow key not working on keyboard after windows 8 install

I was having an issue getting the left/back arrow key to work after installing Windows 8.   The key works neither on the metro screen, nor the desktop.  I have tried other known working keyboards as well and all have this issue.  I have also tried the keyboards on other non-windows 8 computers and they work fine.  One interesting point to note is that if you are highlighting something by holding down Shift, or Ctrl + Shift the left arrow key will work just fine for that, regardless of the keyboard.

Well for your information this issue is not in Windows 8 it arises if we start some start menu utility like I installed IObit StartMenu8. I uninstalled it and the left arrow key works fine again.
you can test it by just right click on the start menu and click on exit ant key will work fine

I recommend this https://www.pokki.com/windows-8-start-menu

I hope it helps....


No comments:

Post a Comment